|Die Antwort auf Feminismus ist nicht Antifeminismus, sondern MGTOW.|
|WikiMANNia ist die Dokumentationsstelle für politische Familienzerstörung, feministischen Männerhass und ideologischen Gender-Gaga!|
|Deutschland für alle!||Ehe für alle!||Kinder für alle!|
|WikiMANNia verbreitet keinen Hass, sondern dokumentiert ihn; führt keinen Geschlechterkampf, sondern beendet ihn!|
|Politik in Deutschland: Willkommenskultur für illegale Invasoren, Abtreibungskultur für deutsche Kinder, Zerstörungskultur für Familien.|
|Hauptseite » Personen-Portal » Munroe Bergdorf|
|Geboren||1987/1988 (Jahre 29–30)|
«First up, let's put my words in context, as the Daily Mail failed to do so. This 'rant' was a direct response to the violence of WHITE SUPREMACISTS in Charlottesville. It was not written this week.
Secondly, identifying that the success of the British Empire has been at the expense of the people of colour, is not something that should offend ANYONE. It is a fact. It happened. Slavery and colonialism, at the hands of white supremacy, played a huge part in shaping the United Kingdom and much of the west, into the super power that it is today.
Whether aware of it or not, in today's society the lighter your skin tone (people of colour included) the more social privileges you will be afforded. Whether that's access to housing, healthcare, employment or credit. A person's race and skin tone has a HUGE part to play in how they are treated by society as a whole, based on their proximity to whiteness[wp].
When I stated that "all white people are racist", I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy - designed to benefit, prioritise and protect white people before anyone of any other race. Unknowingly, white people are SOCIALISED to be racist from birth onwards. It is not something genetic. No one is born racist.
We also live in a society where men are SOCIALISED to be sexist. Women are SOCIALISED to be submissive. Gay people are SOCIALISED to be ashamed of their sexuality due to heterosexual people's homophobia. Cisgender people[wp] are SOCIALISED to be transphobic. We do not need to be this way. We are not born this way and we can learn to reject it. We are just socially conditioned to think this way from an early age. With the right education, empathy and open mindedness we can unlearn these socialisations and live a life where we don't oppress others and see things from other people's points of view.
So when a transgender woman of colour, who has been selected to front up a big brand campaign to combat discrimination and lack of diversity in the beauty industry, speaks on her actual lived experience of being discriminated against because of her race and identifies the root of where that discrimination lies - white supremacy and systemic racism - that big brand cannot simply state that her thoughts are not "in line with the ethics of the brand".
If you truly want equality and diversity, you need to actively work to dismantle the source of what created this discrimination and division in the first place. You cannot just simply cash in because you've realised there's a hole in the market and that there is money to be made from people of colour who have darker skin tones.
The irony of all this is that L'Oréal Paris invited me to be part of a beauty campaign that 'stands for diversity'. The fact that up until very recently, there has been next to no mainstream brands offering makeup for black women and ethnic minorities, is in itself due to racism within the industry. Most big brands did not want to sell to black women. Most big brands did not want to acknowledge that there was a HUGE demographic that was being ignored. Because they did not believe that there was MONEY to be made in selling beauty products to ethnic minorities.
If L'Oreal truly wants to offer empowerment to underrepresented women, then they need to acknowledge THE REASON why these women are underrepresented within the industry in the first place. This reason is discrimination - an action which punches down from a place of social privilege. We need to talk about why women of colour were and still are discriminated against within the industry, not just see them as a source of revenue.
Racism may be a jagged pill to swallow, but I suggest you force it down quickly if you want to be part of the solution. Doing nothing, does nothing and solves nothing. Empowerment and inclusivity are not trends, these are people's lives and experiences. If brands are going to use empowerment as a tool to push product to people of colour, then the least they can do is actually work us to dismantle the source, not throw us under the bus when it comes to the crunch. At times like this, it becomes blindly obvious what is genuine allyship and what is performative.
Antwort auf eine Antwort:
Munroe Bergdorf ist sehr privilegiert, für viel Geld für die Firma L’Oréal[wp] posieren zu dürfen. Das ist ihr/ihm noch nicht genug Privilegierung. So fühlt er/sie/es sich bemüßigt, über Nicht-Farbige- und Nicht-Trans-Menschen herziehen zu müssen. Dabei versteht er/sie/es nicht, dass diese es leid sind, als "white supremacist", "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", "transphobic" (you forgot "antisemitic" and "women hater") stigmatisiert zu werden.» - WikiMANNia
- L'Oreal's first transgender model is SACKED by the cosmetics giant after claiming 'ALL white people' are racist in extraordinary Facebook rant, Daily Mail am 31. August 2017
- With a dizzying fanfare, she was brought in as the 'face of modern diversity'
- But days after she was announced as L'Oreal's first transgender model, Munroe Bergdorf launched an extraordinary rant declaring all white people racist (In a lengthy Facebook rant, she wrote: "Honestly I don't have energy to talk about the racial violence of white people any more. Yes ALL white people.")
- British star, 29, whose father is Jamaican, now been dropped from her new role
- Joshua Caplan: L'Oreal Fires First Transgender Model For Unhinged 'All White People Are Racist' Rant, The Gateway Pundit am 1. September 2017
- Facebook: Munroe Bergdorf am 1. September 2017 um 1:14 Uhr
- Vimeo: Munroe Bergdorf
- Hadmut Danisch: L'Oreal, Ansichten eines Informatikers am 1. September 2017 (L'Oreal[wp] hat ja bekanntlich immer wieder mal irgendwelche Top-Models für ihre Werbekampagnen. Nun gehen die ja auch mit der Zeit und jeder Mode, und versuchen sich immer danach zu richten, was sich gerade verkauft. Also hatten sie nun eine "diversity campaign" und erstmals ein transsexuelles Model für ihre Kosmetikwerbung, Munroe Bergdorf.)
- Boy to Girl Transformation - Munroe Bergdorf - Boy To Girl (29. August 2017) (Länge: 1:46 Min.)